Scientific Industries, Inc.80 Orville Drive
Suite 102Bohemia, New York 11716
CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS OF
SCIENTIFIC INDUSTRIES, INC.
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 20, 2007
SCIENTIFIC INDUSTRIES, INC. expects that directors, officers, employees, team members and contract staff members will conduct themselves ethically and properly as a matter or course and comply with the guidelines set forth below.
This Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (this "Code") is prepared, in large part, due to the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and rules of New York Stock Exchange, NASD Stock Market and/or any exchange upon which the Company's stock may be traded and is applicable to Scientific Industries, Inc. and all direct and indirect U.S. subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to collectively as the "Company"). Directors and Officers of foreign subsidiaries are also expected to act properly and consistent with country-specific guidelines developed for such subsidiaries.
This Code exists to provide the Company's directors, officers, employees, team members, contract staff members as well as shareholders, suppliers and members of the general public with an official statement as to how the Company conducts itself internally and in the marketplace and certain standards that the Company shall require of its directors, and officers.
The Company's Compliance Officer on the Effective Date of this Code is Helena R. Santos and the term "Compliance Officer", as used in this Code, refers to the Company's current Compliance Officer and any subsequent person appointed to that office.
This Code is intended to provide a codification of standards that is reasonably designed to deter wrongdoing and to promote the following:
- Honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships;
- Full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in reports and documents that the Company files with, or submits to, the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and in other public communications made by the Company;
- Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules and regulations;
- The prompt internal reporting to an appropriate person or persons identified in this Code for violations of this Code; and
- Accountability for adherence to this Code.